Sunday, September 27, 2020

When to Sort Things Out

People seem pretty mad about riots and looting that have happened in recent months, but that is where I see some of the people who are actually honestly fighting problems instead of doing weird power-play psychological lashes like what a lot of politicians, media, and other bad people do. It kind of matches how people always get in trouble for assault but other life-ruining strategies that happen all the time in this country are often tolerated and sometimes even legal.  But I want to say that as people report on the Breonna Taylor murder, it seems that not everyone thinks it is important that there actually was a drug bust, and that probably her good life and herself as a good person had been turned into kind of a human shield by drug traffickers.  I think there is a range of how bad drug dealers can be, but this sounded like pretty serious drug trade to me, and it continues to confuse me that people so much want to build a case against all cops but ignore the very bad abuse of millions of people, especially young people, from trafficking and drug attacks. A lot of it creates bad situations like what happened to Breonna Taylor, and I don’t know for how much longer cops and soldiers need to be sifting through the complications of innocent people being mixed in before it just becomes a war. And if it does, then people who decided to flood the jails as part of that effort will have to face the consequences of their decision.  For a lot of communities, it still seems worth the effort to try to intervene in trafficking, especially because of the international threats and the child abuse involved. And I can’t say that I am not someone who thinks it does damage people’s credibility when they want to talk about mass incarceration without acknowledging mass crime. I pretty consistently side with the black people and see a lot of racism, and I side with the poor and see abuse and lack of justice, but when I read the news, I see lies. You don’t know how bad you have to be to lose my support, and many people have.  I am not scared to become Amish, to go off the grid, and just wait until judgement day when God tosses millions into the yawning chasm of fire that is probably already glowing a little brighter from recent days.

No comments:

Post a Comment