Thursday, October 15, 2020

Trending

 Well everyone, I am not going to make the most of this post, but I should go ahead and at least mention the topic.  At volunteer work a couple of years ago, I was sorting coats at a coat drive and made a comment about how I always thought it was messed up how some people would just announce what colors would be cool for that season, like when people say, red and gold is what is going to be popular this year, or “it is time for everyone to eat avocado toast.” I have just always thought, who do those people think they are?  But marketing is good sometimes, too, and when I said it this lady meanly said, “that is their job.”  And it was like she knew I was on disability at the time, and she was implying that at least those people are not lazy bums riding the system like me.  Well I must say that is a pretty nasty insult, and the idea behind it is that maybe because I have an illness or injury that keeps me from being able to work for a while, then I am automatically a worse person than anyone making any money at all, whether they are a contact tracer or a TSA person, or maybe even a prostitute, which to me isn't necessarily as bad as just an ordinary bad boss of some kind. But anyway, it is like I am automatically a tax collector by being on ssdi...okay… I see.. it is from taxes.  I am a tax collector.  Okay I get it everyone, thanks a lot for the great Sunday school lesson.  To me that elevates you all to the highest of clergy even if you are one of the marketing people choosing what colors for people to like or deciding that it is time for society to have tax funded abortions and video ads in the subway depicting pre-teens in their underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment