Saturday, August 6, 2022

Can you find what's wrong with this receipt?


 Ok, look closely, do you see what it is?  The gift card I "bought" was "not approved," but the charge still says $100.36.  So I paid for an 80 dollar gift card but there is no money on it.  I am waiting a couple of days to see what happens with my account, but I did try to use the gift card later the same day and it sure enough did not work.  But my overdraft protection on my credit line worked and listed the exact charge.  I was buying a gift card with my credit line so I would not get individual overdraft charges for groceries.

This is simply, a crime, and an outrage that their cashiering system can even let something like that go through.  This is actually the second incident like this with this company, and I do think I might get a lawyer this time.  It is too important for people to be able to fairly buy groceries through an honest system.  So I actually would take the trouble to fight this.  Today I called the cops about it because the 80 dollars is gone yet I have no value on the gift card and the store did not correct the problem.  

Would anyone like to call me a Karen about this? To say I should not be mad and they have to protect themselves from scammers?  They are the scammers in this scenario, and if people allow these kinds of transactions to happen then they can expect to be fighting like animals over blocked hills of rice and porridge for the next hundred years until honest people walk the planet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment