Wednesday, July 4, 2018

A soccer goal post


   This is a short post about something I am not really mad about but thought I would share a suspicion.  It has to do with soccer and something that I think would make the game more fun and interesting. My theory is that regulation soccer fields should be smaller. I think that the usual soccer scores are a little bit too low and people have to run too far but no one wants to say it because it would be like admitting that they were too tired or not great athletes.  That is just a theory that I have, and everyone can watch the world cup games and say that I do not know anything, but I actually did play indoor soccer one time and it was really fun, and it was fun because it was a smaller space and more time was spent aiming the ball instead of trying to transport the ball and it went all over the place constantly so everyone was always actually playing soccer and not doing long distance running in disguise.
    This also reminds me to share an idea for a game that me and some friends made up in middle school.  The game is called Ten-vol-soc.  You play it on the tennis court and you use volleyball rules but kick the ball across the net and try not to let it hit the ground.  It really is fun and I think people could become really good at it and eventually use the Wimbleton courts for world championships.

No comments:

Post a Comment