Friday, February 11, 2022

white and wrong

 Well everyone, some of my normal blog that is supposed to be friendly has taken on some mad blog qualities. But I will still try to add to these blogs like normal.  This is just a short post on a deep subject, which has to do with racial repair and justice.  And I just want to say that people can do really well by just going pro-black, but not so well when it becomes anti-white.  There are geniuses all around who have studied these matters and lived lives with all of these things on their minds for years.  I am not really like that but have cared a lot for a long time and in recent years have been navigating social work school communities and life with immigrants and people of different races in New York City.  And there is a lot of strife.  I have a habit of believing almost anything anyone says, and giving people the benefit of the doubt to a fault.  And I will say finally that in fact it is a fault, and I have to call things like I see it, which is to say that some of the racism problems in New York include racism towards white people.  It is pretty bad here and that is all I will say.  I don’t feel like going into the other sub-issues and arguments, such as when people think that it is now white people’s “turn” to be oppressed.  I have really considered things like that but have found much more peace of mind and justice by intending to treat everyone as well as I can, making repairs for former losses by advancing justice and reparitions for black people and other groups, but maintaining an anti- racist view without targeting certain identities as enemies.  It just doesn’t need to be complicated in some ways, and I don’t support the abuse that has been happening in the name of fake justice. It doesn’t help anyone and actually damages causes for improving lives of many black people who haven’t had the same support as others. That’s all.  It is an interesting topic and possibly where the most important history and philosophy is to be studied these days.  But some of it isn’t as complicated as expensive schools want to suggest, and their offensive and obvious racism will be seen for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment