Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A Nonmiracle Not on 34th Street


Hi everyone, I hope you all are about to have a Happy Thanksgiving.  I am definitely going to have a Happy Thanksgiving, partially because of a free real life holiday special that my apartment's property management company created. Today, everyone in my building got a letter telling us that they installed a new burner! That is just what I wanted for Christmas, and they are only charging us one entire month's extra rent for it!  It is such a surprise, because it does not match the lease I signed, you know, and it seems like maintenance like that might be part of owning a building and charging people to live there. But what could be more heartwarming during the holidays than literal heating maintenance in an apartment that I agreed to only pay twelve months rent for each year. The most exciting part about it is knowing that I might be making Christmas extra special for the real estate people, and that my extra rent could help the rich people buy that special Christmas present they want, like a full size working model of one of the twelve remote control cars I could have bought for Toys for Tots with this month's additional 93 dollars I have to pay in rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment